HappyDepressionz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1. Epilogue: Beginning

Go down

1. Epilogue: Beginning Empty 1. Epilogue: Beginning

Post by Someone Awesome... Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:04 am

No matter who you are or what you do, there will always be one moment that changes your entire pespective on life. One thing that draws your attention, pulling you away from everything that has ever kept you grounded. It rips up the roots of your feet from the ground and sudddenly, you find yourself free. Gravity escapes you and you are hit with the realisation that there is so much more to life than what you have now. That feeling might begin with a word or a sentance that really hits home in your heart. An object or place that draws you into it's magic and leaves you breathless. It might be an incident that hurts you beyond reason, a wound that no amount of time can hea or a moment that makes you so happy that you just know you'll remember it for the remainder of your existance. For most people, it is a person. Whether they have just stepped into your life, placing instant footprints on your heart or they had been right infront of you the entire time, you only had to notice they were there. For me, that moment was when I met the woman I was absolutly certain that I was bound to spend the rest of my life with.
I use to think my life was perfect, that I had it made. I was a lone wolf, a bachelor. Running from place to place and making friends with beings I knew I would never see again. I had even been picked up by an elven clan after I had passed out with exhaustion while traveling circles in a desert I had never heard of, but still insisted I knew where to go. Sure, I was young and endowled with a big ego, but what more could a guy want?
Truth is, I had never given much thought to a life that included anyone but myself and every now and then a lady friend. I'd never thought I would ever be suited for pack life let alone to be a father; And besides, I had enjoyed being by myself. There was no alpha to boss me around, tell me what to do or where to stand and who to stand with. Why would anyone want a life like that?
Yet, here I am. I could feel my brow purged into a frown of the deepest determination any man could feel as the rain plunging tiny needles of ice into my cheeks as I ran. I ignored it's wailing cold, willing every inch of muscle in my entire body to push me as fast as I could possibly run. My muscles burned with such a ferocity that if I had been paying more attention, I would have thought someone had lit a match and set it to my trousers, letting the golden flames lick and tear at my flesh. As if it could burn me.
My feet sent electric shock waves of excruciating pain up my body with each and every step against the sharp, rocky ground. I was sure I was leaving a thick trail of blood but I couldn't care less what kind of beast was following it. I could feel the red rawness of pain all over my body, it felt as if I had been running at least a hundred miles an hour and face planted a brick wall wearing nothing but my underwear; But all of that seemed to be held at the back of my mind, it was nothing to me right now.
There was nothing that could compare to the pain I felt at this moment, in my chest. The aching, gaping hole that I was so sure was about to rip wide open even more, possibly even tear me completely in half. For a second, I hoped it did. At least I wouldn't have to deal with the enevitable outcome that would present itself.
The only equivalent I could think of, was if someone had plunged an enormous jackhammer into my chest; But the barel was still twisting, it's mercury temperature fighting against my wall of strength and trying ever so hard to rench deeper into my heart. To tear at the raw insides and take them from me with as much pain as it possibly could.
If there was a god, I was beginning to think that maybe I am not one of his favourites after all. He must be running out of things to take from me by now. He had already taken my own life once. I had returned to find that he had taken my godson, the woman I was bound to marry and unborn child. Now it was the life of my son held out like a flimsy piece of string and the burning sensation I was recieving from the scar upon my chest was telling me it was my best friend and slave brother who held the scizzors in his hands with no remorce to close the blades. Well, I could not let him cut that string. No matter how tightly bound Nyoka and I were. He would have to tear the skin from my body and the limbs from my torso in order to stop my conquest to save what little life I had left. What life my son held in me was my only power, the only thing that kept my fire alight and right at this moment, it was being feuled by a terrorising agony. I was not going to lose him, not when he is the only thing I have left. I may have sold my soul to Lucifer, so help me, but my heart is my own and I will fight with very ounce of strength I can muster from each pulse it beats.

Someone Awesome...
Admin

https://happydepressionz.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum